How much does it cost to get a Trademark Registration?
- A) Attorney fee ₹9000 + No additional fee till the final disposal of the case
- B) ACTUAL Trademark Office fee of ₹4500 for an individual applicant OR ₹9000 for a firm as an applicant.
Click here: Fee for FOREIGN applicants in US$.
The official filing fee for ONE mark in ONE class is:
|Applicant Type||Indian Rupees|
|Individual/Start Up Firm||4500|
|Large Firm/Foreign Firm||9000|
Our Attorney fee for a Trademark Registration in India:
|Consultation charges per hour or part thereof||2000|
|Search of Trademark Database||500|
|Attorney fee for filing an application for Trademark||2000|
|Amendment of application due to objections/Filing a response||2000|
|Attending to serious objections at the Trademark office/hearing||3000|
|Alternatively – Fixed one time ATTORNEY fee for filing & prosecution of application till registration||₹9000|
The above fee would be applicable for an application which does not face a third party opposition. Opposition proceedings are uncertain in degree and complexity, so a fee for these can not be predicted.
Our quotation for handling trademark matters in India:
Before filing an application for Trade Mark, we suggest a search of the Trade Mark database to confirm that the name is available.
A search for up to FIVE names, given together, would be ₹500. Once the name is available, the application is to be filed.
The Official Trademark filing fee is ₹9000 for a large legal entity, ₹4500 for a small legal entity or an individual applicant.
We charge attorney fee to handle the case as per the below two fee options:
- Option 1 fee: We charge attorney fee of ₹2000 to file the application for trademark and ACTION BASED FEE as the prosecution progresses. Filing a response to an objection will cost you ₹2000 while attending each hearing set up with the examiner would cost you ₹3000. In this option there is no cap on the total fee and it depends on the number of hearings needed to get the trademark accepted.
- Option 2 fee: Alternatively we offer to charge a ONE TIME FLAT attorney fee to file and prosecute each mark till registration would be ₹9000. There shall be NO FURTHER FEE to respond to objections or attend hearings.
There shall be NO further fee till registration unless there is an OPPOSITION. The fees for responding to opposition shall be ₹10000 for each opposition. About 95 percent of the cases do not face any OPPOSITION.
Once we get the notification of registration from the Trademark office then attending to getting the certificate, handling and postage fees would be ₹1000. This fee shall remain ₹1000 irrespective of the number of classes.
There is NO yearly renewal fee for first TEN years.
It usually takes 24 months to get a registration, in the meantime you are permitted to write TM besides the mark.
We would need the following:
- Name + address of the applicant.
- The list of goods and services to be filed.
- The mark in JPG format.
- The date of the earliest use of the mark and the place where this usage started along with a copy of any document which can be used as evidence to claim such usage.
- The copies of registration certificate/pending extract from earliest filed other countries.
You may directly call on +91.9860588440 or write mail to email@example.com for further information and discussions.
Written by Mahesh Bhagnari, Patent & Trademark Attorney in India.